Good Grief

>> Saturday, January 20, 2007

A close friend pointed out to me recently that I say, "good grief" a lot. She commented that it's refreshing considering that most people take the Lord's name in vain or something else derogatory. I didn't even realize I said this until she pointed it out to me. And now, the more I think about it the more I really like this phrase..."Good Grief". It's kind of an oxymoron but if you think about it grief can be good too, right? One of my favorite sayings is, "it's not what happens to you it's how you react to it." We all grieve...some of us more than others. But not all of us grieve well. Some of us grow bitter, resentful, start pointing our fingers at other people. We want life to be comfortable but when things don't go our way we throw a temper tantrum and start striving for comfort again at whatever cost. God didn't promise that our lives would be comfortable. Actually, he guaranteed grief. And I believe He wants us to approach our grief, our pain, our everyday inconveniences with grace, selfless abandon, humility, most of all thankfulness.

I named this blog "Good Grief" because my life is full of grief. I hope to chronicle some of that grief here. But I also hope that as I encounter, wrestle, struggle with my own grief that I can come out in the end by saying, "Good Grief!"

2 comments:

Anonymous January 20, 2007 at 10:44 PM  

Uh....do I need a little update? I just read your "about me" section.

Five?

Do tell!

Anonymous January 22, 2007 at 6:37 PM  

Wonderful insight. And I like that you say "Good Grief" all the time; it's refreshing.

Read the "About Me" section...just watched Notting Hill yesterday! Ah, memories!

Looking forward to reading further posts. You just may have inspired me to explore the blogging world.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP