Taco Seasoning

>> Saturday, January 24, 2009



Seasoning mixes that you buy from the store are full of preservatives and chemicals, most of which wreak havoc on our bodies. I've been trying to make my own mixes lately, mainly because I want to know where my food is coming from and exactly what it has in it. It also saves money.
This is a really good recipe that I use in place of taco seasoning. Tonight I'm trying it in our chili. The cumin makes this mix especially flavorful.

1 tsp chili powder (or more if you like heat)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp dried oregano (I leave this out because I don't care for it)
1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and add to ground beef or turkey when meat is almost fully cooked. If you are not going to use it right away, cover and refrigerate until needed to preserve flavor.

1 comments:

collinsfamily3 January 28, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

Keep the recipes coming! I have a lot of people to cook for! :) This blog is a blessing to me.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP