Pure Bliss

>> Wednesday, March 4, 2009


I was going to blog about avocados or herbal teas or something of the like today. But then I came across this video and felt like I HAD to share it. This is my child who has been hospitalized several times for "failure to thrive". He had seizures, was blind and generally grumpy all the time. He has a feeding tube and the docs were prescribing him commercialized formula out of a can. Since switching him to "real food" he hasn't had a single seizure, he's flourishing and happy and joyful all the time. He's even gaining some eyesight! If that isn't a testimony to real food I don't know what is.

It's a shame that too many kids these days are being prescribed pills by the bucket load for all kinds of physical and behavior problems. I know medical intervention is necessary sometimes, however, food is the best medicine there is regardless of the condition/diagnosis. Kids are at our mercy to provide for them. If parents were to provide their kids with whole foods then they wouldn't have behavior problems in the first place. I'm not blaming parents for their kids' problems...I'm blaming the Western diet...but parents can intervene with more conservative measures to heal their kids. We don't need to rely on Western medicine. In fact, I believe that traditional medicine can do more harm than good, in most cases. There are other ways that not only help kids but HEAL kids. Nate is one of many that proves that real food works!!

For more information check out gapsdiet.com.

3 comments:

Anonymous March 4, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

Cute little guy!
Not too long ago, people would have sold their farm for an antibiotic to save their child's life. Have we swung too far? Probably. And I agree that we have to be responsible for our health.

collinsfamily3 March 7, 2009 at 11:30 PM  

Oh my gosh, I'm in love with that kid!

Anonymous March 8, 2009 at 12:21 PM  

This is a great video if you're having a down day...just makes you laugh too! :)
Too bad you don't have video of Nate prior to the diet change for comparison purposes.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP