Buying in Bulk

>> Monday, March 2, 2009

In an attempt to save money on our grocery bill we have decided to join Costco. I often read that buying in bulk is the way go but I've been skeptical for awhile about whether or not we could buy organic items at a place like Costco. Much to my surprise, we can! I've only gone twice but here are my favorite finds so far:

organic, range-free chicken broth
Muir Glen organic soups (for busy days)
cold pressed olive oil
nitrite free bacon
"naked" chicken nuggets (w/o breading...that was a FUN find!)
Kirkland brand cleaning products...most of them are natural and don''t have perfumes
organic tortilla chips
organic butter
100% maple syrup
all-natural peanut butter
organic jelly
Newman's Own juice

There also seemed to be lots of organic produce, fish and meats. We've been buying those through our co-op but I saw some good deals.

We've been buying our rice, oats, corn, etc. in bulk at a local health food store, but you can check out these great resources if you're interested:
somethingbetternaturalfoods.com
azurestandard.com

2 comments:

Anonymous March 3, 2009 at 1:46 AM  

Hi Susan
I told John I'm now addicted to your blog! I love Costco too. You can also get organic yogurt & cases of Kefir there. As far as produce though, I have found that it ripens oddly,as if it has some funky chemicals on it. Most of it is from CA-- makes me picture immigrant workers in HAZMAT suits!

Susan Ginn March 3, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

That's good to know about the produce. I've only bought avocados and sugar snap peas so far.

Be careful of their Kefir...it's got lots of added sugar to it. My kids love it for that reason!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP