Make Your Best Offer

>> Monday, March 17, 2008


Today I'm ready to sell all my kids to the circus, the zoo or the first person to make an offer. It has been a hard parenting day. Don't get me wrong. I love my kids and I really love the job of parenting. I love shepherding their hearts. I love teaching them, guiding their thoughts, their motives and redirecting their selfish hearts toward God. BUT some days are definitely harder than others. Some days require more patience, strength, and definitely more self-control. Let's face it, I live in a house full of sinners and today these little heathens have put my own sinful nature to the test. Today, I am desperately listening for my own Shepherd's voice. I need Him to guide me, redirect me. I need His rod and His staff to comfort me. Or else you'll be seeing these kids the next times Barnum and Bailey come to town.

1 comments:

jen March 17, 2008 at 3:57 PM  

Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For MY yoke is easy and My burden is LIGHT."

I think taking those wild goats to the circus is a GREAT idea :)
-jen

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP